Friday, October 24, 2008

breech

well i had my 36 week appointment today and it looks like baby decided to turn butt down.. so i have another appointment on tuesday and if he is still breech (or even if he's not really..) they will give me an u/s to confirm his position.. and if he is confirmed to be breech they will set up an appointment to do an external version (manually turn him) and if that works then all is well and if it doesn't.. we'll have to talk about our options from there. Noah was breech until 37 weeks though and the doctor said only 4% of babies actually stay breech until delivery.. she said it's not uncommon to have babies flip back to head down right before mom goes in to labor. so she is staying pretty positive about it and she gave me some tips to encourage him to turn head down. sooo.. keep us in your thoughts/prayers and think lots of baby turning back around thoughts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

already giving mom a tough time! I hope that little man listens to his momma and cooperates. Flip baby flip!

Lindsay said...

That is crazy he droped and then turned and is now breech? He thinks he is funny! What a boy. I hope he turns but I hope you get a U/S first! Keep me updated. What time is your next appointment?

Debe said...

I hope things turn around for you soon... pun intended.
try laying down with you hips elevated... I had to do that with Mande.

Cassy Taylor said...

Yikes! What a little stinker. Looks like odds are good he'll flip right back. I can't believe how close you are. Do you know yet if Zach will be able to be there for the birth?